In the Field - Pesticide Exposure and Poisoning
In the Field - Pesticide Exposure and Poisoning 1 ARTICLE LINK
In the Field - Pesticide Exposure and Poisoning 2 ARTICLE LINK
487.031 Prohibited acts.--It is unlawful:
Apply any pesticide directly to, or in any manner cause any pesticide to drift onto, any person or area not intended to receive the pesticide;
Florida Constitution and Florida Laws Regarding Pesticides
- (3) To distribute, sell, offer for sale, or use within the state any pesticide which is adulterated or misbranded, or any device which is misbranded.
- (4) To detach, alter, deface, or destroy, in whole or in part, any label or labeling provided for in this part or rules promulgated under this part, or to add any substance to, or take any substance from, any pesticide in a manner that may defeat the purpose of this part.
- (6) To disseminate any false advertisement.
- (10)(a) Apply a pesticide at any dosage, concentration, or frequency less than that specified on the label or labeling, provided that the efficacy of the pesticide is maintained; further, provided that when a pesticide is applied by a commercial applicator, any deviation from label recommendations must be with the consent of the purchaser of the pesticide application services;
- (11) For any person to handle, transport, store, display, or distribute pesticides in such a manner as to endanger human beings or the environment or to endanger food, feed, or any other products that may be transported, stored, displayed, or distributed with such pesticides.
- (13)(a) Make a false or fraudulent claim through any medium, misrepresenting the effect of materials or methods used;
- (13)(b) Make a pesticide recommendation or application not in accordance with the label, except as provided in this section, or not in accordance with recommendations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency or not in accordance with the specifications of a special local need registration;
- (13)(e) Apply any pesticide directly to, or in any manner cause any pesticide to drift onto, any person or area not intended to receive the pesticide;
- (13)(f) Fail to disclose to an agricultural crop grower, prior to the time pesticides are applied to a crop, full information regarding the possible harmful effects to human beings or animals and the earliest safe time for workers or animals to reenter the treated field;
- (13)(g) Refuse or, after notice, neglect to comply with the provisions of this part, the rules adopted under this part, or any lawful order of the department;
- (13)(m) Make false or misleading statements during or after an inspection concerning any infestation or infection of pests found on land;
- (13)(n) Make false or misleading statements, or fail to report, pursuant to this part, any suspected or known damage to property or illness or injury to persons caused by the application of pesticides;
- (13)(p) Fail to maintain a current liability insurance policy or surety bond as provided for in this part;